Thursday, May 31, 2007

Shifting Gears

Things happened so fast.

A few days ago, I was doing election lawyering in a sleepy rural town and now, I have already submitted one pending application to study in Australia to obtain an LLM. In fact, the written documentation which I was required to submit after accomplishing the application form online (and paying an application fee of 50 Australian dollar) are already inside a properly labeled envelope, ready for mailing tomorrow. I will do the mailing myself so as to check what is the most expeditios and yet economical means to send these documents. Good thing I've kept all my academic records in order so I did not have to turn over my entire room just to look for them. See previous blog.

After I drop by the friendly neighborhood post office, I will walk a few meters to where the British Council is to register for the June 16, 2007 IELTS exam. Just to take that exam, I have to shell out more than 8,000 pesos (Ouch! There goes part of my election lawyering fees.)! I find it ridiculous that I have to take that exam just to prove my English proficiency when I know that I CAN clearly express myself in English. What is more ridiculous is I can even write better English that I can in Filipino.

I am overwhelmed. Now I have something to look forward to in three week's time. If I get an offer from this school, that is my passport to being able to submit an application to get a scholarship cause without that scholarship, I really could not afford to study in Australia. Meantime, I will take that IELTS exam, get the results in 10 days (I hope they keep to that schedule!), take care of my essays, get the referree reports, and submit my application to the two target scholarships online and make the July 31, 2007. and I thought the only thing I'll look forward to in July 2007 is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!

Let me catch my breath. This is gonna be big.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, June 02, 2007 1:28:00 AM, Blogger houseband00 said...

We really cannot predict where our fates lie, Wernicke. It's one of those things that makes life a pleasure experiencing.

I sincerely wish you all the luck and blessings. =)

 
At Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ei!

sama me! sama me! hehehe.

how can i avail of this scholarship?

rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.